Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts   View Today's Posts

56 views and NO replies??? Cmon ladies.... - Page: 1

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05-05-2013, 06:41 AM #1
Clucky77

56 views and NO replies??? Cmon ladies....
I'm sorry if this offends, I am just speaking my mind.. I need to first start off by saying that this forum has been an absolute lifesaver for me going back when I was pregnant and my children were only babies, if it wasn't for this forum I would have definately ended up with depression. I hope I have been helpful too with my replies to a lot of posts over the years (I have been a member for a long time now..).

I am a bit disappointed.. I was really looking for some advice or just an acknowledgement, my kids started Kindy for the first time, I have felt a bit 'lost'. I don't have any other children at home, so it was full on and then nothing (I have 2 children in the same year at school.. and no they are not twins, although sometimes I wish they were especially when they were babies as it would have made life a bit easier!)
Anyways, I have seen there are 56 'views and not ONE reply'. I would have thought that if you are going to click on someones's post then maybe just say a quick 'yeah, I'm hearing you', or 'chin up', or SOMETHING.

05-05-2013, 07:21 AM #2
Unregistered

Hi Clucky77
I'm so sorry!!! You're completely right. I've been running a bit of a marathon and struggling to keep up. If only there were more of us around here. Hugs. How are you doing? I'll go over and check it out.

05-05-2013, 08:31 AM #3
Unregistered

Sorry to hear its been a struggle. I haven't been here for a while and just got back on tonight.

05-05-2013, 09:41 PM #4
Unregistered

Thanks ladies Smile Sorry, I was just having a bad day yesterday and was about to post another thread whe I realised no-one was really replying to my latest threads. I was actually having issues with my daughter who is 3 (nearly 4), I couldn't even find advice in my 'Toddler Taming' book. She has become very 'sexual' (sorry, I don't know how else to put it). I am so upset I can't even write it down here. Have had quite a few 'incidents'. Everytime something happens or she says something it makes ME feel 'dirty' and I don't know if it's from my past issues, so it's bringing all my emotions I have surpressed over the years to the surface.

05-05-2013, 11:40 PM #5
Unregistered

There's no need for you to apologise Clucky77... you had every right to feel that way! I'm so sorry... it's so confusing and confronting with all the stuff our little ones bring up. Is there anyone else you can talk to about your feelings? Maybe someone else can come on here with some supportive comments.

06-05-2013, 05:48 PM #6
Unregistered

You're right Clucky and thanks for saying something. I've posted a few times over the last month and there's been no comments. I think that perhaps there are not as many active members anymore. It's hard when you're looking for a little support or advice and there is none forthcoming, ESPECIALLY when people have checked it out. I wish you all the peace and patience in the world to deal with your current situation. Being a parent is the best and hardest job in the world and sometimes we all just need a hug - even if it is virtual. So, big hugs to you! xx

07-05-2013, 07:39 AM #7
Unregistered

Hi Girls Smile

The forum has many, many people who access it that aren't members....they are visitors. Can't post but can access the information here. They will come up as a 'view'. This forum has always had a lot of traffic, there is some awesome information here that people come to use in times of need in their parenting journey..they don't sign up, or become a part of the village. So 53 of those views may not of even been members of the forum. And you know what, that one person who did view it may of had a spare few mins but not enough time to reply. There have been times when it's taken a week for my posts to get replies...

It's understandable for the forum to be having a bit of a lull at the moment too.....Shiremum had a lot of drive and passion and really set the tone of the forum and encouraged support. Her loss is felt in all areas. And we had a few senior mods step down not long before Shiremum left us. And us mod team have all had babies too Smile

Clucky, I hope things are looking up for you. Parenting is such a tough gig, I hope your world is a little brighter now x