Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts   View Today's Posts

My children started Kindy for the first time last week... what do I do now lol - Page: 1

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

28-04-2013, 08:12 AM #1
Clucky77

My children started Kindy for the first time last week... what do I do now lol
I am so proud of my children, they started Kindy without any dramas 2 weeks ago. I was really scared and nervous because I thought I would have to deal with them both crying and braced myself for it, but they absolutely loved it!! I am soooo happy!

They are my only children, they are in the same year at school because there is only 10 months age difference. The only thing now is I don't know what to do with myself now lol. They have both been with me 24 hrs a day since birth and now I have nearly 2 full days to myself (they go 2 days a week from 8.30 to 2.30). I don't live in town (we live rural) so I've just hung around town the whole day until I pick them up (plus I didn't want to be too far away from them in their first days... probably because I have NEVER ever been away from them, they have never been looked after by anyone, so it all feels wierd at the moment). I suppose I need to 'rediscover' myself and find a hobby or something (I took time off work to raise them and will go back to work when they start Prep next year). I've put so much time into raising them that I have forgotton how to have fun. What do other Mums do when their children are in Kindy or school(the ones that aren't working at the moment..)? I was thinking of driving back home when I drop them off but I just can't bear to be that far away from them at the moment (about 60kms away), is that abnormal lol? Once I get use to it all I might drive back home, but I just get scared in case something happens and I need to be there quickly (takes at least 40 minutes to get there...).
I also feel a tad guilty about putting them in there (although they LOVE it and there is so much for them to do..) but I still feel like I don't deserve all this spare time for myself, it just feels wierd!!

05-05-2013, 06:34 AM #2
Unregistered

Thanks for the support... 56 views and no replies???? Sorry, I just thought there may have been at least one person on here who could offer a tinsy teeny bit of support. When my children were babies and when I was pregnant (going back about 5-6years ago), this forum was a life saver for me. If it wasn't for this forum and the wonderful ladies back then I would have ended up with depression. Now, it just feels that there is no longer that level of support.

05-05-2013, 07:30 AM #3
Unregistered

Hi Cluck77, I'm so so sorry I didn't comment. I hadn't read through your post. Not because I didn't want to but because I've been running a bit of a marathon. I was planning to come back to read and respond. I'm also feeling the weight of loneliness here. It's such a shame the community moved on as it did. I'm so glad to hear your little ones are doing so well. What a relief. I really wouldn't have a clue what I'd do if I travelled 60kms between preschool and home. I took my 5 minute drive for granted. I still have a little one at home whilst my eldest is a school but I would use it for house and me time and exploring what I'm passionate about. I'm so sorry there isn't the level of support here that we all once had. I miss it too. And was hoping others might help build it up again. But with facebook and the need for privacy, not everyone wants so bare it all to a wide audience. Hopefully we can have more facebook groups list their communities here to help connect members, if they feel comfortable doing so. I can't see why not.

05-05-2013, 08:35 AM #4
Unregistered

Is there anything in town on (maybe hosted by local businesses or council or just people meeting up)? Or that you can start? I'm thinking of book club, knitting club, women's circle, gardening guerrillas, Wink

05-05-2013, 09:48 PM #5
Unregistered

Thanks Em & WarmEmbrace Smile

I was just thinking maybe it's because the pregnancy and babies section gets more people reading posts because as we all know we probably need advice moreso in those first couple of years.Sorry, I was just having a bad day yesterday (issues with my daughter and her 'sexuality', sorry I don't know how else to put it ). And it was bringing up emotions from myself that I have surpressed over the years from my childhood.

I'm thinking of taking up playing squash and that way I won't have to drive home, I can just hang around town afterwards and do my shopping, saves me fuel too driving backwards and forwards. I came home the other day for the first time while they were at Kindy (the other few times I have just hung around town), because my brother did a service on my car and I just felt so lost. I ended up cleaning all my windows and floors. I would honestly feel guilty if I sat down and watched a movie or domething like that. It will probably take me a little while to find my feet lol and start to relax.

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your support

05-05-2013, 11:43 PM #6
Unregistered

Warm Embrace I was thinking of making a similar suggestion. Maybe even starting a facebook page for rural natural parenters who may share similar struggles and challenges.

Sounds like you've got a bit of a plan going. Don't feel guilty though... you need to give to yourself so you can keep giving to your kids anyway. ANy chance of booking in a massage or something special! You graduated from a very special chapter of your life and are in transition... be kind to yourself.

As I said in the other post it's all ok!!
xx

06-05-2013, 07:21 PM #7
Unregistered

I feel bad for not even reading this post initially. I always feel that I can't really contribute unless I have a child that age (my dd is only 8 months), but that's probably not true. I would love to be on this forum so much more and help creating the supportive environment you girls are missing. Just don't know how to find the time with bf lo to sleep every sleep. Please don't give up on this forum guys, I am sure we can recreate some of that supportive vibe again. I love this space even though I don't write very often. In regards to the kindy issue, is there other mums who have a far drive and stay in town? Maybe you could organise coffees or lunch with them. And don't feel weird for not wanting to go home, I don't think I would be comfortable to be that far. At least not straight away. Looking at my darling sleeping in my arms and thinking how quick time is going and how soon she will be off to kindy. makes me want to treasure every moment. Really like the massage idea above too!!! Big hug!!!

09-05-2013, 05:03 AM #8
Unregistered

Oh man, I feel ur pain. I have just put DD in to a Montessori School and she is only 4 1/2yo. She is up to 3 full days and 2 half days. I am so lost and I have a little boy home still! I can completely understand your feelings. I clung to my phone for the first few weeks...just incase they need me. They didn't Smile I am in the process of getting activities to fill the gap with my son. Could you see if there is any groups that meet on the days your children are at Kindy. Is there something you like to do? Like craft, guitar, cooking...maybe you could find something new just for fun. I also saw on another thread you were worried about sexual stuff in little ones. Did you want to put a bit more info maybe in a fresh thread and I can have a look. It sounds like we are kinda in the same phase of life Smile Much peace Clucky. Rach