Earth Hour is organised by WWF. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the Earths natural environment and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Earth Hour 2011 will take place on Saturday 26 March at 8.30PM (local time). All you need to do is turn off all your lights for that hour and together we contribute to a more sustainable Earth and healthier future for our children.
This Earth Hour WWF want us to go beyond the hour, so after the lights go back on think about what else you can do to make a difference. Together our actions add up.
Whether you are an individual, a business, a school or a city, Earth Hour 2011 is your Earth Hour. And you can show your support for the planet in the following ways:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 26 2011 wherever you are in the world and sign up on the Earth Hour website to let us know them know you will be taking part.
- Run your own Earth Hour event, street or house party with friends and family. Add your event to our the Earth Hour website global meetup map.
- Take Earth Hour beyond the Hour by taking action for the planet.
- Tell the world through social media, blogs and websites.
- Encourage your local government or community groups to run earth Hour in your region.
- Rally your office or business to get involved.
- Make a lantern on the Earth Hour website and send it your friends
For more information about what you or your organization can do to support Earth Hour, check out www.earthhour.org.