View New Posts   View Today's Posts

natural fly spray? - Page: 1

ii 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

20-04-2012, 09:10 PM #1
stargaze

natural fly spray?
Hi all

What do people use instead of fly spray?

I cant handle flies, they completely gross me out. And looking through my cleaning cupboard this morning, I have spray bottles full of vinegar and different essential oils, bi carb etc... and then one can of fly spray.

I have a pyrethrum plant but havent worked out what to do with it yet Smile

Is there an alternative that kills them?
Or is prevention the key?

22-04-2012, 10:36 AM #2

natural fly spray?
i use fly paper rolls. if flies grose you out these things will give you the absolute heebies but they work. you buy them for about $8 for 6 rolls & you hang them in your home & the flies just fly into them. I chuck mine out every month or so. no chemicals, cheap & does the job Smile

22-04-2012, 06:01 PM #3

natural fly spray?
Will definitely try and find those!
I also found this link 2 Ways to Make a Natural Household Fly Spray - wikiHow and this one Homemade Fly Spray is Non-Toxic and Easy to Make with Essential Oils! about making your own. Its just soap and essential oils. I wonder how the detergent kills them...? Oh well, if it works Im happy!
Smile

23-04-2012, 10:22 AM #4

natural fly spray?
i have a feeling you may like the home made sprays better :mrgreen

23-04-2012, 06:13 PM #5

natural fly spray?
Dead flies dont bother me, its the dirty, sticky, flying, living ones that bug me!!!
Hahaha:mrgreen

I think I will come at it from a couple of angles, then the suckers dont have a chance!!

:lol

24-04-2012, 01:45 AM #6

natural fly spray?
I cant find the fly paper stuff at the shops so I'll have to do a bit more shopping around.

Found this online How to make flypaper - ABC Brisbane - Australian Broadcasting Corporation to make your own fly paper.

25-04-2012, 10:47 AM #7

natural fly spray?
Flies just annoy me.
DP keeps leaving the screen doors open so that DS can totter in and out all day and I'm torn between wanting DS to explore the world as he chooses and wanting to keep the flies outside! Such a pickle! I've got some of those fly papers, maybe I could use them rather than having them sitting in their box in the bottom drawer Smile

26-04-2012, 06:10 AM #8

natural fly spray?
I just keep the flies outside. DS can open the doors himself now and we've taught him well to shut the screens behind him Smile otherwise I'd just follow him to the door if he was headed that way. I never spray them with anything (even natural) in the house. I've never thought to - I just stun them with the fly swat (or squash 'em) and then get them outside. I can not handle having to cover up everything as there are flies around.

We do use natural fly sprays on my horses and I think it is a mix of neam oil, tea tree, eucalyptus, water ....um... think that's it. have to confess Mum is the fly spray lady Smile

ii