This delicious soup is the perfect way to protect you from colds and flu this winter. Ingredients:
- ½ cup Wakame or Kombu seaweed
- 3 Tablespoon Miso paste (Gen mai)
- 4 Shiitake or Reishi mushrooms (dried or fresh)
- 1 ½ cup Chopped vegetables (leek, onion, carrot, cabbage, turnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes) ½ cup Tofu pieces
- 4-5 cup water (vegie stock or seaweed soaking water)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- If you are using dried mushrooms, soak mushrooms in boiling water for 1 hour, discard the stems and soaking water.
- Soak seaweed in water (wakame – 20 min, kombu -4 min), keep soaking water.
- Cut seaweed into strips.
- Sauté seaweed and vegetables in a pan with a little oil.
- Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 10 min. Then add tofu pieces.
- Cream miso in a little broth and return to soup. Cook on low heat for a couple of minutes. Do not overheat miso as it will destroy the beneficial bacteria.
- Garnish (seeds, toasted nori flakes, chives, parsley).